A document management (DM) software circumscribes an accurate range of features and functions, most critical to effective running. Many small to midsize businesses (SMBs), like legal firms, creative firms, or media and publishing organizations, aim to travel paperless and are trying to find the proper tool to do so. Businesses generate tons of knowledge regardless, so choosing a reliable and scalable DM system is vital to streamlining and automating workflows. According to Statista documents, market value is anticipated to increase to 6.78 billion U.S. dollars by 2023.
Adding to the new efficiency, DM systems can even act as collaboration tools that com the latest communication methods with equal attention being paid to legitimate regulatory needs. In contrast, specific capabilities like providing permissions on a file or folder based on access control are often rapidly degraded or defeated entirely by moving files from one folder to another. Tracking changes to a document stored in a shared folder on a company server is almost impossible for users to maintain and track the audits. Even during collaborations, there are plenty of improvements due, which are to be had by transitioning far away from the average corporate file share.
Security- a major cause for concern
Security may be a cause for concern for any business and is usually at the top of one’s mind when seeking and evaluating new business solutions. SMBs and start-ups won’t see an immediate need for compliance or legal concerns, but it pays to think ahead. Consider an answer which will accommodate compliance requirements down the road. Investing in advanced security and backup options and features can only help prepare the business for a faster-paced future.
- Companies with compliance or legal concerns, including financial firms, government entities, medical practices, and schools, will need to specialize in security as a primary criterion. More advanced security measures, like audit trails, advanced permission capabilities, or enterprise authentication tools like multi-factor authentication (MFA) or integration with a tool management system, are less of a “nice-to-have” feature and are often necessary features in several cases.
- File retention, another concern in the security domain, is taken care of by most DM systems that we have reviewed. However, the tools and features associated with file retention vary between the various platforms. Most companies prefer to legally maintain records for a predetermined period of their time. The DM system must provide tools to prevent the permanent deletion of the files. Ideally, it might provide you with an archive solution to correctly identify obsolete files without compromising you legally.
Automation tools and how DM systems support them
Beyond compliance purposes, your ideal DM system should make DM-related tasks more accessible and more efficient. Automation tools are one area in which a DM system can make your life easier. In most cases, the tools are designed to handle a specific workflow. For example, there are tools that
- integrates with other business systems, whether an economic system, database, or a cloud storage provider,
- can increase efficiency
- enhances accuracy
Advanced DM systems in the market can convert scanned documents into meaningful records using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology.
Using DM systems
Most of the DM systems have mobile apps that provide limited or nearly full functionality. Ideally, there should be apps for Android and iOS so that your employees can have mobile access irrespective of their devices. Look for features like document creation, editing, and file-sharing capabilities te in an app. Microsoft SharePoint Online, Ascensio System, and OnlyOffice offer Windows mobile, iOS apps, and Android versions. Microsoft SharePoint Online also features a mobile interface (UI) that worked well in our tests and even included switching between desktop and mobile views. There, you will add folders, open documents and upload files. Adobe Document Cloud Standard has mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows smartphones. With this, you can view and sign documents and even snap photos of forms, then fill them out on your device. Within Document Cloud Standard, Adobe has now added the power to edit PDFs from iOS and Android tablets. Touch-enabled features make this functionality simple. Within a PDF, users can change text, format, and edit also as rotate and resize images.
Our product, ProofEasy (PE), offers sustainable options to instantly verify and authenticate digital documents with the help of a unique QR code. It is best for real estate, legal, and financial institutions that regularly deal with sensitive data. Powered by VeriDoc Patented Technology, ProofEasy ensures eliminating fraudulent documents, thereby providing a secure DM solution.
Advantages of storing documents on your server
ProofEasy allows you to store the documents on your server instead of the ProofEasy platform. You have the following options:
- Integrate PE with your existing systems
- Use our API functionality. The advantages of storing your documents on the server are as follows.
- More control of your records:
Integrate accessible, verifiable features in your existing process, workflows and, most significantly, maintain your current organization’s document access controls. The verification process on-premise, cloud, or hybrid can be kept without having any vendor lock-ins.
- Greater security of your data:
Know where your data is stored; realize it best by keeping it yourself. Along with the other data, a layer of immutable protection is integrated into the existing software/platform. Protect your original documents without having to form any additional infrastructure investments.
- Flexibility to add functionality to your app:
This can boost the brand value. Our Mobile App can be fully branded to facilitate custom in-application verification, alerts, and marketing requirements.
Hence, in a nutshell, whether you use a standard ProofEasy subscription or integrate it and store your records internally, the ProofEasy platform’s data is hashed and permits only the authorized users to modify the existing data. The system also ensures that only authorized users can get options to download the content. Even the changes made by the authorized users are automatically tracked, which leaves no doubt about its authenticity.